Except for the citizens of the Malaysia Visa Exempt Countries, travelers seeking entry to Malaysia must have obtained a Malaysia Visit Visa from one of the Malaysia Diplomatic Mission Abroad.
Malaysia Visa Exempt Countries
The Holders of the Passwort of the following countries and territories are eligible for 90 days of Visa-free entry in Malaysia.
*The 90 days Visa Free facility is only provided to British Birth nationals. Instead of 90 days, British Nationals OVerseas are eligible for 30 days Free Visa.
The holders of passports issued by the following jurisdictions are eligible for a 30 days Visa Free Facility in Malaysia.
The Holders of the Travel Permit issued by the Macao Special Administrative Region are also eligible for 14 days Malaysia Visa waiver Program.
The holders of the Non-Ordinary Passport of the above countries are eligible for respective above listed days.
Holders of Non-Ordinary passports of Bangladesh, China, Inda are also eligible for 30 days or 90 days Malaysia Visa Exemption. However, they must have to obtain entry permission at the port of Malaysia Entry.
Malaysia Online Visa Application
Malaysian Government has set up one online application system from 1st March 2017. To accept Electronic Visa(E-Visa) and facilitate Tourism, the Malaysia Government has introduced a new tool.
E-Visa Eligible Countries
- Sri Lanka
Applying for E-visa
The holders of the passport issued by the above mention countries are eligible to apply for Malaysia Electronic Visa under the following criterion
- Place of Application(eligible IP location); all over the world except Malaysia, Singapore, and Israel
- Applicable fees vary as per the nationality
- Malaysia Arrival port: for any checkpoints
- Malaysia Depart: No restriction
- Validity: Visa Valid up to 3 months with a single entry( Indian Citizens are allowed for Multiple Entries
- Duration of stay; up to 30 days for Single Entry E-visa and 15 days or 30 days for Indian Nationals eligible for multiple Entry
- Visa Processing: Require one working day and further proofing materials may be required
Malaysia Visa On Arrival(VOA) Facility
Malaysia Visa on Arrival facility is provided to the holders of the passport of China and India who are directly entering Malaysia from either Indonesia, Singapore, or Thailand and have a valid visa of those aforementioned countries. The respective Visa On Arrival is valid for up to 14 days in Malaysia and is not extendable.
The eligible travelers can obtain the VOA from Kuala Lumpur International Airport, Johor Bahru, Kota Kinabalu, Kuching, or Penang only and must have a Return( Malaysia Depart ticket as well as At least US$ 1000 per person.
The Malaysia Visa on Arrival Visa Fee is two hundred Malaysia Ringgit and must be paid in Malaysia Currency only, others are not acceptable. To present the proof of arriving in Malaysia from Either Indonesia, Singapore, or Thailand, the traveler has to show the Boarding pass or tickets of Malaysia arriving from these countries.
Malaysia Transit Pass
The nationals of Visa Exempt Countries are eligible for Transit pass in Malaysia.
The holders of Passport issued by Bhutan, China, Myanmar, and Nepal( which are not Visa Exempt Countries) are allowed to enjoy Transit Pass in Malaysia for up to 120 hours if they are transiting to a third country through Kuala Lumpur International. The condition is that they must depart through either AirAsia or Malaysia Airlines.
The holder of a passport issued by Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, or Sri Lanka are eligible for Malaysia Transit Pass if they meet the prescribed condition;
- They must hold a visa or a residence permit from one of the countries; Australia, China, Japan, Newzealand, South Korea, Taiwan, or the United States of America, and must depart to or arrive from these aforementioned countries only.
- They must arrive at Main Terminal or Low-Cost Carrier Terminal( KLIA2) at Kuala Lumpur International Airport.
APEC Business Travel Card
Holders of Passport of the following member countries of APEC and possess APEC Business Travel Card Containing ‘MYS’ at the back of card are eligible for Visa-Free Business travel for up to 60 Days.
- Hong Kong
- South Korea
- New Zealand
- Papua New Guinea
Yellow Fever Vaccination is Mandatory
The Nationals of the following mentioned countries must have take a vaccine for Yellow Fever. The nationals of the following nations must have to present the International Certificate of Vaccination to seek Malaysia Entry.
- Burkina Faso
- The central African Republic
- The Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Equatorial Guinea
- French Guiana (France)
- The Gambia
- Ivory Coast (Côte d'Ivoire)
- Sierra Leone
- South Sudan
- Trinidad and Tobago